Pages

google analytics

Monday, July 6, 2015

My Persistent (but Accidental) Blasphemy



It happens almost every time we sing that verse of that song.  Even though I know it’s coming, and I know that I’m prone to error – I’m anticipating it, trying to sing it correctly.  But, almost always, I don’t.

My persistent (but accidental, I swear!) blasphemy occurs whenever we sing the final verse of Charles Wesley’s hymn, “And Can It Be” and I sing:

"No condemnation now I dread;
Jesus, and all in Him, is mine;
Alive in Him, my living Head,
And clothed in righteousness divine,
Bold I approach th’eternal throne,
And claim the crown, of Christ, my own."

instead of "...through Christ my own…"

Perhaps this is the warning light that my super-ego is failing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails