Pages

google analytics

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

More Anomalies A – Z: Lamech


Oh, I wasn’t blind; I knew it was him
when I drew back the bow string.
I nocked the arrow and said his name:
                Cain.
I clapped my hands to watch him fall,
spouting crimson blood into the air
and clutching at the shaft I’d loosed.

Hear me Adah, I am Lamech!
6th from Cain among the sons of men.
Hear me, Zillah, I am 7th down from Adam;
listen to me.  Hear what I say.

I take what I want
and deserve what I get.
Wound me if you are weak;
I’ll kill in return because I am strong.

If grandfather Cain is avenged sevenfold
then I will be avenged seventy and seven again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails