Pages

google analytics

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Ground Ivy - A Very Useful Weed

I haven't really made it my mission to photograph every type of flora in the state of Iowa. Honest.

But here is an attractive little flower - the Ground Ivy (or Gill-Over-the-Ground, or Creeping Charlie). It's part of the mint family. It's considered a weed, grows fast, and pushes out other flowers and plants. It's not native to North America (was introduced by European settlers) but is now found in all but 4 states in the US. It can be eaten as a salad, brewed as tea, or used in making beer and cheese. It's a very useful weed.

I would be happy to sell you a print of this picture (or of many of my other photographs).  Check them out here.  The money I receive in these sales is given to support the work of the Salvation Army in my current appointment. You get something nice. The Salvation Army gets funds to continue meeting human needs. Everyone wins.

This picture, by the way, is another one taken with my homemade DIY macro lens.

Ground Ivy by Jeff Carter on 500px

Photograph Ground Ivy by Jeff Carter on 500px



No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails