Pages

google analytics

Friday, May 24, 2013

Camping in the Black Hills, South Dakota

 photo IMG_2443_zps8fa69563.jpgI had been away for several days - camping in the Black Hills of South Dakota.  I came home yesterday smelling like campfire smoke and sweat.

I'm showered and refreshed now and ready again for regular posting here on the blog.  To start here are a few of the photos I took during my trip.

The first couple of days it was cold and rainy and windy.  And did I say, cold?  I had put up my little tent. But a friend of mine who brought out his pop-up camper let me crash his hospitality.  I stayed in the warm and dry.

We took a trip out to the Mt. Moriah cemetery and saw the graves of WIld Bill HIckok and Calamity Jane and Potato Creek Johnny.  We also visited the gold mine at Lead.  We fished - sorta'... I didn't get completely skunked. I caught a fish (the fact that it was barely bigger than the lure doesn't need to be brought up).  Fortunately others were better able to catch fish - and we ate some very tasty rainbow trout.

It's a bit of drive out there (just over 10 hours from here) but so much fun once you've arrived.


 photo IMG_2526_zpsd07fd97a.jpg




 photo IMG_2229_zps4aa3a965.jpg


 photo IMG_2470_zps7352cb20.jpg
 photo IMG_2227_zpscd960ab5.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails