Pages

google analytics

Friday, May 17, 2013

18 Rabbit and 42 Apes

 photo 18Rabbit_zps766a7fb6.jpg

This is 18 Rabbit, or, as he’s known in Honduras, Uaxaclajuun Ub'aah K'awiil.  He was the 13th ruler of the Mayan Empire. (at least I think it is.  I’m not entirely confident of my Mayan royalty…) A friend of mine brought this back for me from Honduras.

18 Rabbit makes me a little bit nostalgic – not for Honduras, as I’ve never been there, and not for the Mayans as I’ve never met any.  But nostalgic for those days when my boy was younger.  When he was little he had not one imaginary friend, but a whole cast of imaginary friends, one of whom was 42 Apes.  42 Apes eventually had an imaginary friend himself, known as 192 Apes. 

I miss that little guy and his imaginary friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails