Pages

google analytics

Friday, April 5, 2013

Saint Francis

St. Francis photo StFrancis_zpsf3ceee40.jpg































I have always had an admiration for St. Francis. His life, his work have inspired me.  And yes, I know that some of those stories may be exaggerated legends.  Nevertheless...

St. Francis 2 photo StFrancis2_zps2f483672.jpgI took these photos tonight, of a small St. Francis statue. It's a cheap piece of plastic and the bottom of it is cracked.  The birds at his feet have long since broken off.  But I like it.  I also have a larger one outside the front door that someone gave me a few years ago.


The little wooden blocks behind good Saint Francis are scraps from my father's pen making.





4 comments:

  1. Wow - Great pic! The "cheapness" is completely hidden.

    P.S. If my comments are more of a nuisance, just say so. (I've been there.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comments are always appreciated... except for the spammy and hateful comments. And trolls... but other than that, comments are always great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That 2nd one is a lot sharper. Did you use 2 different lenses?

    ReplyDelete

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails