Pages

google analytics

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Writings about Psalm 91,

One of the readings in the lectionary for this week is from Psalm 91.  I have written a couple of times on this particular psalm.

I wrote this sermon- Can We Find that Secret Place of the Most High? - a couple of years ago and I still like it. (Sometimes I look back over my written sermons and cringe...)


And this:

By the Speaking of this Charm

By the creative word
and his song,
by the speaking of this charm,

I will not fear the terrors of the night
or creatures prowling moon lit fog.
I will not shiver at their crossing
nor faint within their shade.

I will not fear the arrows that fly by day
though they, by their thousands,
should blot out the sun
and threaten to pierce and to skewer.

I will not fear the plague of night,
the stalking chemical burns,
and viral blasts that lurk
in dark corners and narrow alleyways.

I will not fear the noonday devil,
the scourge of havoc that
lets slip the dogs of war
for pillage, rape, and carrion feasts.

By the creative word
and by his song,
by the speaking of this charm
I will not fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails