Pages

google analytics

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

More of St. Jude, Patron of Hopeless Cases


St. Jude 2 photo stjude2_zpsfdb871a6.jpg
On Friday I shared a photo I took a little figurine of St. Jude that I keep in my office.

Here is one more that I took.  In this one you can see some more of the traditional elements of St. Jude's iconography.  The tongue of fire above his head represents his presence in the upper room on the day of Pentecost   He carries in one hand a wooden club (representing the manner of his martyrdom) and in the other he carries a medallion with a picture of Jesus' face on it.

He is the patron Saint of lost and hopeless causes.  And in an unrelated  note (I hope) he is also the patron saint of the Chicago police department.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails