Pages

google analytics

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Capture

The old ladies (and one old man) that I paint with on Monday have told me that the squid and octopus that find their way into my paintings on a fairly regular basis are beginning to grow on them.  They still think I'm weird, but they've come to accept the octopus that I bring with me.

My most recent painting - Capture- generated a brief flurry of discussion.  'Who's captured whom?'  One argued that the flamingo had captured the octopus, 'see the way he's standing over it?'  Another said it was the other way 'round, 'The octopus is dragging him down into the depths.'

I think the best answer was that "Jeff's been captured by the octopus. That's why he paints them."

I admit that that could be true.






Acrylic on canvas and paper - 11" x 14"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails