Pages

google analytics

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Tell Me


Tell Me

Tell me of those Christian martyrs
living and dying
in the shadow of violence
cast by the cross,
suffering with the Christ
as he suffered with them,
participating in his death
and sharing his glory.

Tell me of those
redeemed in his blood
and ordained in their own.
Tell me of those called to be
sacred vessels of his peace
even as they hung on imperial crosses.

Tell me how they praised
the God of heaven
and the Prince of peace
as they forgave their murderers,
and went to their deaths
as a procession into life.

Tell me of those Christian martyrs
so they will not be forgotten
in this imperial age
under the shadow of imperial violence
committed in the guise of righteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails