Pages

google analytics

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Forgotten

I am currently in Minot, North Dakota, serving with The Salvation Army's flood response crews.  I drove up part of the way on Sunday and the rest on Monday.

Along the way I saw this abandoned church and decided to pull of the road to take a few photos. Next to the empty church was a farm house with a group of people sitting around in lawn chairs talking about this that and the other.  I asked them if I could take a few pictures of the building. They laughed and said I could 'take the whole damn thing' if I wanted.  I laughed with them.

They told me that the church had been built in the 50's (they thought) and had been empty since the 80's or maybe the 70's.... When was it that Lanna's daughter left?  No, no, no.... Lana left before they quit using the church. It was just after the car wreck that killed John's boy...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails