Pages

google analytics

Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines Day - bah humbug!

Valentines day is, of course, a phony holiday - perpetuated in order to commercialize and exploit sentimental emotions.  However....

I do love my wife and this is something I wrote for her a while back. 
Happy Valentines Day, I guess..

She is Breath of God

She Turns Him On
Because she is more beautiful than the sun
and excels ever constellation of the stars
I love her more than day or night
and choose her over light.

Because she is worth more than gold
and is more precious than diamonds bright
I treasure her and all
the wealth she brings to life.

For in her there is a spirit that is
Intelligent and holy
Unique and subtle
Irresistible
She is breath of God.

She rises up like the dawn
clothed in splendid rays of light
and with gentle touches she lengthens the day.

In the evening, the moon reflects
not the light of the sun
but her silver light.

For in her is a beauty that is
Natural and pure
Simple
Irresistible

She is breath of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails