Pages

google analytics

Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Snowbound Sunday Morning

We were quite unable to get out of the house this morning for church services. There were huge drifts of snow filling the driveway and the roads were yet unplowed. And even if we had somehow managed to escape the confines of our snowbound home, I think the four members of our family would have been the only ones to make it.

So when the wind finally quit blowing the snow around (or had mostly stopped) I went out with the trusty snowthrower to clear the driveway.

I also spent some time this morning painting, something I haven't had much time to do recently. So that was nice.

It's mid-afternoon now, and the city crews have been out plowing all morning. It looks like we can escape, so I think we're going to head out to visit some nursing homes to share a devotional and a Christmas gift with the residents.

And, though I know you're probably tired of seeing it here in my blog, I am going to repeat my request: If you haven't yet made a donation to support The Salvation Army of Martin Co. Minnesota (or your own local unit) please consider using this handy-dandy virtual kettle. You don't even have to brave the cold wind and snow to do it. Thanks again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails