Pages

google analytics

Monday, July 5, 2010

Don't Panic (It's Just the End of the World)




Most eschatological (a fancy college word for "last things" or "end times") teaching within the American Evangelical church is based on fear.  The End of the World is Coming - we're all going to die - if we're not raptured away in some great "escape clause." Doom. Death. Disease and Destruction. 

I don't buy it.

I remember being a frightened child - haunted by nightmares about volcanoes and the moon falling into the earth.  I remember that every time the moon looked 'weird', i thought for sure that the end was upon us.  I've come to realize that there is a better eschatology than one based on fear.  I'll write more about that in the future.  For now, enjoy the music.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails