Pages

google analytics

Thursday, May 20, 2010

I'm So Sick of This


I'm so sick of this.

Two - TWO - rejection letters in one day. Two less than an hour apart.  "It's not quite what we're looking for," says the editor at one, and "we wish you luck," says the other.  Yeah. Thanks for playing. Good bye and  Good luck.  Can we still be friends? 

All told I still have an acceptance ratio for the past 12 months of 31.82 %. If I were a baseball player, that would be a fairly decent batting average.


But  still, I'm so sick of this.

Perhaps I'm oversensitive.  Perhaps I'm just anxious about a couple of big projects in the next couple of weeks. I'm speaking at a theology conference in Ohio, and I'm intimidated by some of the other speakers, and by some of those who I know will be attending.  Who am I to be speaking? but I am.

And I did recently audition for a part in the local theatre group's production of the one act musical - The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee - and I did get a part, a big part. I could be excited about that, right?  right. But I'm nervous, now.  Almost wishing I hadn't.

I'm nervous and anxious and pent up and frustrated and excited and irritated all at the same time.  So sick of this.

(as always, click the image to see it full size. thank you.)

3 comments:

  1. Dear jc:
    Your little foray over to wwp, which is sorta an audition lol, got me coming here pretty much daily to see what you're all up to. BTW, thanks for the images and vid from the Musee d'Art Moderne story, I've been meaning to check it out on-line but have been so busy..and I do LOVE your book reviews and your art, well...mostly anyway.

    So I guess this would be kinda like an 'acceptance' letter, but if you're only into feeling rejected atm feel free to carry on with that.

    Let me know when you'll be accepting positive thoughts again. ;)

    Regards,
    fan

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you jay, and thank you anon. I may have overstated my frustrations. Things are not bleak - or rather not EVERYTHING is bleak.
    thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails