Pages

google analytics

Friday, April 16, 2010

Acceptance and Rejection

In the past couple of days I have received Two responses from magazines about poems that I submitted. 

The first was an acceptance from The Clockwise Cat for the poem "I Was a Teenage Thetan from Outer Space" - a satirical poem concerning some of the things I've been learning about Scientology.


LOL. I don't know a lot about Scientology, but I know enough about it to understand the humor in the poem. We can use it for Issue 18, due out summer.

And the second was a rejection letter from Everyday Weirdness for the poem "By the Speaking of this Charm".  But it's hard to feel disappointed about it:
Dear Jeff Carter,
Thank you for submitting "By the Speaking of this Charm" to Everyday Weirdness. It's not quite what I'm looking for, but I'd like to see something else from you. cordially,
So I'll be sending another very soon - either one from the vaults that I haven't yet submitted anywhere, or one that I am currently writing.  I don't know yet.

I still have two submissions being read (hopefully).  I hope to hear about those as well in the near future.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails